Laser Cutting Services are in continuous demand. Laser beam technology is widely used to cut different kinds of materials such as paper, metal, plastic, wood, leather, chiffon etc. Laser cutters make it easy to cut and engrave sheets of different sizes. Lasers cutters are used from the production of delicate architectural pieces to creation of bespoke pieces for exhibitions, events or photographic sessions. Producing customized articles such as badges or invitation cards or patterns for jewelry or fashion industry in small as well as large quantity. Like every other technical service, laser cutting has advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of laser cutting services:
- Laser cutting machines are highly efficient and design replicas are the exact copies of each other.
- It requires and consumes less amount of energy to cut sheets of all types of materials.
- In comparison with the traditional scissors, laser cutting machines take less time to cut large sheets and the outcome is extremely accurate.
- The entire process is monitored by the computer programs which reduce the amount of work and workload.
- Much human intervention is not required except for maintenance and observation. No danger of accidents or injuries
- Very flexible, can be used to cut almost all types of materials.
- Precise cuts can be obtained within short time.
Disadvantages of laser cutting services:
- Energy consumption is not fix. It is depend on the piece or amount that you want to cut. Sometimes it might consume a lot of energy.
- Human involvement is not much but humans come in the contact with laser beams sometimes for repairs or inspection.
- Production rate may differ depending on the type of the material and the thickness of the sheet.
- Every metal cannot be cut in the laser machine, for example, copper and aluminium.
- Improper settings of laser machine can cause burns.
- Expensive when compared with other techniques of cutting sheets.
Laser cutting services are preferably suitable for mass production and can give the best and very precise outcome.